Tuesday, November 23, 2010

What My Treatment Looks Like

I've had some friends ask about the treatment I'm currently using for Lyme.  Many Lymies are on 40+ pills a day - all staggered strategically to both maximize effectiveness and minimize cross-reactions.

As of today, my meds depend on the day.  On Day A I take one type of probiotic.  On Day B I take another.
  • As soon as I wake up - take the thyroid medication.  I have to wait an hour after taking this before I can eat. 
  • One hour later - take a multi-vitamin, something to help break down the biofilm, the chill pill, an immune booster/adrenal support and probiotic A (10 capsules in all) plus 5 drops of Vitamin D.  I also mix 3 homeopathic remedies into a tea and drink that.  They're supposed to help with pain/inflammation, adrenal support, and nervous system. If it's Day B then I take probiotic B, wait an hour and then take the rest of these items. I usually eat about this time, too. 
  • If it's injection day I pull the solutions from the fridge.  
  • 40 minutes later I heat up the hot pack and sit on it.
  • 20 minutes later Mom & I do the injections.  She does the antibiotic and I do the vitamin. This is usually pretty close to two hours after taking the probiotic.
  • At least two hours later I eat again then take the oral antibiotic.  Because I don't have a whole lot of energy throughout the day and I'm not able to eat much this second eating is usually dinner time.  The oral antibiotic must be taken about 2 hours outside of a multi-vitamin or the probiotic. 
  • Two hours after that I take more multi-vitamin, the sleep aid, (4 capsules) and the homeopathic tea. 
I'm supposed to also be doing a smoothie on a daily basis that helps balance the GI (stomach).  I slacked off on it a couple of months back because it ended up being 32 ounces and the only thing I would eat throughout the day (that's a lot for me).  Plus the blender is WAY too loud.  The doctor's given me some ideas for alternatives which would still allow me to have the benefits of the smoothie without having to use the blender.  I need to get a few of the foods to go into it though. 


This is just the non-refrigerated stuff.  One of the prescription bottles is an antihistamine to take as needed and the long box is albuterol solution in case I have problems with my asthma and my inhaler is ineffective.  The rest is taken daily - some twice a day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment