Tuesday, August 10, 2010

In a Nutshell

After years of being unwell, a year of diagnostics with ‘normal’ results, and 10 months of being bed-bound 90% of the time I FINALLY have a diagnosis.  Lyme disease.  

I decided to create this blog for a few reasons.

   1.  One symptom of Lyme is memory loss.  This way, I won't have to remember who I included in my last update (or didn't include).

   2.  Another symptom is a hyper-sensitive nervous system.  I haven't been able to use the phone without pain since April.  Actually, over the last several years there have been times when the phone was painful.  Now it's just excruciating.  I can write though (please excuse all spelling & grammatical errors!)  Writing tends to be a good form of therapy.

   3.  Those family and friends who WANT to stay in the loop can do so here.  Those who just want to know whether or not I'm alive can drop me a text.

You may be wondering how I came up with TeamPersy.   James 1:2-4 "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything."  When I think of 'perseverance' I think of a rhinoceros.  Really, what would stop a charging rhino?  I decided I would find a stuffed rhino that I could cuddle up with on those days when I'm feeling horrible.  I was going to name this rhino Persy (short for Perseverance).  Days after sharing this with some of my dearest friends, I received a stuffed rhino.  The Team comes from those who have been praying for a diagnosis, a treatment plan, wisdom, comfort, guidance, helpful answers, and everything else.  

That's it in a nutshell.  I started to write quite a bit more and realized it was going to be a whole vat of nuts if I kept going so I decided to break it up a bit. 

1 comment:

  1. What a truly inspirational passage. I love the Team Percy reference. Always remember you are loved and have lots of family and friends to turn to. I can't wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete